How to do business
Peru is one the main destinations of foreign direct investment (FDI) in South America. Averaging $US 9 billion a year since the implementation of the PTPA, FDI in Peru reached $US 7.8 billion in 2015. Among other things, the Peruvian government promotes public-private partnerships (PPP) to build infrastructure and spur economic growth, with tax exemptions and low-cost financing available for domestic and foreign investors alike.
The Trade Commission of Peru offers the following services:
- General analysis of the North American market, with particular emphasis on the west coast.
- Organization of specific promotion activities in the local market, such as trade shows and exhibitions, trade missions, market research and other promotional activities.
- Assistance to Peruvian companies and institutions through the provision of information on local markets and business opportunities, preparation of market studies, information on requirements and access regulations.
- Assistance in the preparation and development of trade missions, visits to potential buyers, among others.
- Information on the Peruvian exportable offer to importers, buyers and / or local distributors, as well as on exporting companies or consortia.
- Assistance for local parties interested in investing in Peru as well as assistance to potential Peruvian investors interested in local business and investment endeavors.
- Provide information to companies, business associations, public and academic institutions in commercial matters, investments and tourism.
- Provide support in all commercial promotion, investment and tourism activities in coordination with business associations and related public institutions.